by clicking on the page. A slider will appear, allowing you to adjust your zoom level. Return to the original size by clicking on the page again.
the page around when zoomed in by dragging it.
the zoom using the slider on the top right.
by clicking on the zoomed-in page.
by entering text in the search field and click on "In This Issue" or "All Issues" to search the current issue or the archive of back issues respectively.
by clicking on thumbnails to select pages, and then press the print button.
this publication and page.
displays a table of sections with thumbnails and descriptions.
displays thumbnails of every page in the issue. Click on a page to jump.
allows you to browse through every available issue.
Federal Employees News Digest : Nov. 19, 2012
not eligible for the COLAs, will receive an across-the-board 2 percent increase. APWU President Cliff Guffey said that "considering the circumstances," the wage increases were "significant." Guffey noted that Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006, which prohibits the Postal Service from raising postage rates above the rate of inflation, "acts as a cap on wages, so our modest raises are an important achievement." Updated pay scales are available on the union's website at http://apwu.org/ dept/ind-rel/irpayinfo.htm. NSA marks 60th anniversary The National Security Agency on Nov. 7 celebrated its 60th anniversary with the release of a publication high- lighting its achievements over the years. NSA held a public ceremony at the agen- cy's National Cryptologic Museum in Ft. Meade, Md., where officials announced a new 60th anniversary exhibit and released an illustrated book titled, "60 Years of Defending Our Nation." An NSA press release credits the agency with the country's ability to break German and Japanese codes dur- ing World War II, defeat the German U-Boat threat in the North Atlantic, and win the Battle of Midway in the Pacific, as well as other achievements. "The country needed a National Security Agency at that time. Sixty years later, it still does," the release states. The cryptologic intelligence agency, part of the Department of Defense, is responsible for the collection and analysis of foreign communications and foreign signals intelligence, as well as protecting government communica- tions and information systems. To see more, go to: www.nsa.gov/pub- lic_info/press_room/2012/nsa_60.shtml. November 19, 2012 Vol. 62, No. 19 8 visit us on the Internet at www.FederalDaily.com Thrift SavingsPlanSharePrices FuNDS Nov. 9 oNe moNth Ago oNe YeAr Ago G Fund F Fund C Fund S Fund I Fund lifecycle Funds L Income L 2020 L 2030 L 2040 L 2050 Register free to get rates of return and other TSP info at: www.FederalDaily.com/pages/resources/thrift-savings-plan.aspx 13.9949 13.9786 13.7847 16.0324 15.9557 15.2619 17.3756 18.1206 15.1222 22.9168 23.5281 20.1219 19.3618 19.5397 17.6733 15.5384 15.6159 14.9077 18.2373 18.5120 16.8128 18.8206 19.1826 17.1006 19.3253 19.7548 17.3731 10.6271 10.8935 9.4674 Federal Benefits Q&A Question: "My spouse is a DoD civilian employee. She works 32 hours per week, so the federal share of Federal Employee Health Benefits is 80 percent of what it is for full-timers. After retirement, will the premium split remain the same? If so, how long would she have to work full-time prior to retirement to receive a full federal contribution toward FEHB?" Answer: Assuming that your spouse has been a participant in the FEHB program during at least all of the last five years pre- ceding her retirement date (even if she is paying more because of her part-time hours), she will be eligible to keep the FEHB insurance during her retirement. During retirement, she will pay the same percentage of the total FEHB insurance premiums as those employees who worked full-time preceding their retirement---on average, 28 percent of the total FEHB premium, with the government paying the remaining 72 percent of the premium. Readers are encouraged to ask questions related to general employee benefits---such as CSRS, FERS, the Thrift Savings Plan, tax and estate plan- ning, insurance, Social Security and Medicare---at the "Federal Benefits Q&A" at www.FederalSoup.com. continued from page 4
Nov. 12, 2012
Nov. 26, 2012